The Loci Sentry is used in conjunction with Loci’s Controller and Guardian automated landfill gas collection product and service offering, increasing gas collection system efficiency, increasing productivity, and reducing environment, health and safety risks. The Sentry monitors gas composition and flow at headers or at the inlet to the plant, to provide aggregate or sectional data for wellfield oversight.
Installation of the Loci Sentry is included on all LFG to high BTU projects to integrate plant level aggregate gas quality into the Loci Control system. In addition, the Sentry can be used as a monitoring only product, at gas collection system header lines to provide wellfield sectional analysis.
- Wireless communication system
- Measures gas composition (CO2, CH4, O2, and balance gas (calculated)) with optical sensors analogous to industry standard analyzers, but with performance approaching that of a gas chromatograph
- Measures differential pressure with a Venturi Flo-Wing to calculate flow
- Measures landfill gas temperature and barometric pressure
- Data displayed in real-time on the WellWatcher user interface
- Can take control signals as inputs, reading gas composition and flow measurements from plant equipment, such as a Gas Chromatograph, to provides high level process control that is based on the same data and instrumentation used by gas processing plant operators.